Historic: No children died in traffic accidents in Norway in 2019 following this recommendations.
According to Norway Safe Traffic,
- This is the best way to insure children in the car.
- Tighten the seat belt over the shoulder and hip, up to the thighs.
- Make sure the seat belt is not above the belly, under the arm, behind the back or worn in other ingenious ways.
- Check regularly that the seat belt is properly seated.
- Take off the thick jackets and outer suits.
- Verify that the phone, tablet and other items are not loose in the car.
As the authorities comment, although the children are well insured in the car, it should be for adults, since people who have died 33% did not wear seat belts.
Therefore, they will continue to significantly strengthen efforts in road safety work, said the Director of Safe Traffic.